Thursday, June 24, 2010

Life After Football

Who better than the captain of a championship football team to tell you, "There is no I in team."

You share the agony of defeat and the overwhelming joy of victory with your team. But most important are the lessons you learn from your team.

Many people wouldn't generally associate football with the marketing industry. From experience, everything I've learned on the field I've used off the field, more so now that I've joined Visalus.

Being a team captain of the great Javelinas was an honor (and one of the best experiences of my life), but with the title came great responsibilities. As the leader, I had to motivate my team. As a team, they had to be receptive to the encouragement and work together to push through tough games and ultimately, to winning the championship title. It required a level of perseverance from everyone on the team to claim the victory; I could not succeed if my team did not succeed. It is with the same perseverance and determination that I approached joining Visalus.

One of the most important skills I learned in football is to set goals and work together as a team - it's about being a part of something bigger than yourself and bringing everyone together to accomplish such goals. As the saying goes, "If two or three agree on a common purpose, nothing is impossible." I've learned these key elements along the way from coaches, players, and other role models, that most athletes will agree all want you to grow as a person and a great leader.

With Visalus, I have a similar team as I did in football; great mentors and teammates. Our conversations aren't about running plays on the field; we talk about taking this opportunity with Visalus we've been given and spreading to others our willingness and desire to succeed, not individually, but as a team. (Remember, there is no I in Team.) I couldn't ask for a better group of people to surround myself with. My mentor, Jay Langford, told me that that the things I've learned from playing football and being a team player is worth a million dollars and I see it all paying off; never giving up and persevering through the hard times is something I'll always carry with me.

Visalus offers everyone, from football captains to the average Joe, an opportunity to, not only, have success, but to help others. I made a small investment in Visalus, expecting to make more money. I am taking a product that has proved to be beneficial in muscle building and weight loss, I am sharing an opportunity of health and wealth, and I am building lasting friendships and networks. Oh, and I am making more money.

Thanks & God Bless.


Jeff Edwards
Visalus Distributor
http://www.jeffschallenge.com/

1 comment: